|Haworth's Beijing Showroom|
Haworth enlisted the help of international engineering consultancy, Bisagni Environmental Enterprise (BEE). Through their positive working relationship, the two companies made sure that they met the LEE v4 guidelines. Haworth can also be proud of the fact that not only are they the first to obtain this certification, they also achieved LEED v4 Gold for Commercial Interiors (CI) certification, earning 71 credits.
“While LEED version 4 raises the bar on green building leadership and requires a new level of commitment to building sustainably, it was important for us to go beyond the prestigious LEED certification to ensure that we created a space that is not only environmentally-friendly and open to the community, but a project that will stand as a model for future workspaces,” said Meehan.
- By utilizing green design and construction, they reduced water usage by 53%
- Reduced energy consumption by 59% by optimizing lighting design and fixtures
- Reduced lighting use by using daylight and occupancy sensors for controls
- Of appliances and equipment used, 90% is Energy Star-rated
- Of the interior features, 60% are reused elements,
- Able to recycle 83% of waste rather than being taken to a landfill
- Plan included ergonomic features like shared and flexible working spaces
The two companies have much to celebrate. The two have also worked together on Haworth's Sinapore, Shangahi, and Hong Kong showrooms.
There is still time to become LEED AP certified before the update in a few weeks. GreenEDU offers several courses to prepare you and your team for success in the LEED industry. Our coursework aims to have you pass your exam on the first try. With excellent instructors and valuable material, you and your team will be on your way to a successful career. Check out our courses on our website or contact our office to register today at 646-564-3546.