At any given point, LEED rating systems are either:
- Open for registration and certification, or
- Closed for registration, but open for certification, or
- Closed for registration and certification (Sunset)
- The sunset date for projects registered under LEED for Existing Buildings: Operations and Maintenance v2.0 has been extended so projects now have until August 31, 2014 to either upgrade to a newer rating system version or to submit the project for certification.
- The registration close date for all LEED 2009 rating systems has been extended to June 27, 2015.
If your project is currently registered under LEED for Existing Buildings v2.0, the current options to achieve certification are:
- Submit for certification under your current rating system and version, OR
- Upgrade at to a newer version of the LEED rating system. EBv2.0 projects may be upgraded to either:
- After August 31, 2014, EB v2.0 projects can no longer be upgraded and must instead be registered anew, subject to all applicable fees.
- The sunset of LEED for Existing Buildings v2.0 only applies to projects registered under LEED-EB v2.0.
- EB v2.0 projects may only be accessed through LEED Online v2. Projects registered under all other versions of the LEED rating system (including LEED-EBOM v2008 and LEED EBOM v2009) are not affected.